Thursday, 14 November 2013

Activity: Gingerbread Play Dough 14/11/13 (Part 2)


Extended Play:

Sam enjoyed rolling out the dough, the first time he had done so! He watched as I cut out Gingerbread Men shapes and tried to do so himself, but didn't have the strength to cut through the dough himself.  I tried showing him how to roll on top of the cutter with the rolling pin, but he is still to little I think to make more than an impression of the shape.

He was beginning to lose interest in the activity so I brought through some buttons shaking the jar, which reignited interest!

He watched as I placed buttons on the men (bottom right) and he tried it himself (bottom left).  He then proceeded to run a train across the men (top right) as he is very interested in trains at the moment!

Overall a fun activity! He particularly enjoyed clearing up the buttons and the noise they made going back into the jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment