Saturday, 26 November 2011

Wrapping Presents.

I had a little bit of a Pom Pom clarity moment recently.  While finishing off some baby hats, I had just about enough yarn to make a Pom Pom.  Now my usual method, and apparently that of all the ladies at the Stitch & Bitch, is to cut two circles of cardboard, with two circles in the centre and then thread the yarn through the hole and round and back again.  

But in a moment of weakness at the thought of how long it takes, I youtubed it!

Now I know from asking others at S&B that I'm not the only one who struggled with the 'threading' technique and this MARVELLOUS lady cuts a small triangle out the side and just winds the yarn around - and I tell you its small things in life that make me very happy!!!
So now, because Pom Pom's have become so easy to make, I have decided to use them for my Christmas wrapping!


Who needs a £6 Pom Pom maker when youtube holds all the answers! 

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea! i have not made poms poms since school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I often go to youtube for advice!

    ReplyDelete