Monday, 2 May 2011

Spinning!

I just realised that for a blog whose premise is to discuss crafty things not one post is related to crafts! I do LOTS of crafty things. One more recently is Spinning!




















I bought a started set from Twist Fibre Craft in July last year and it was only in March that I started to actually use it!



In the pack was a bog standard wooden top whorl drop spindle, and 3 pieces of Corriedale fibre, 50g of both purple and lime and 100g of pink. I also bought 100g of BlueFaced Leicester fibre called Humbug because it looked delicious!




















Now I've ran out of fibre =( However! I just booked a place for Knit Nation to do a 'Spinning for Knitting' class which goes into detail about fibres and plying. So no doubt I'll spend a fair chunk of my spending money on fibre at the marketplace after the class!  I can't wait!
















Think I might end up purchasing a few more spindles too as there are so many lovely ones and I am supposed to take one with me to Knit Nation.  Might take more than one!!!






















Blogged from my iPhone through BlogPress.

No comments:

Post a Comment