Sunday, 13 February 2011

Chocolate Flapjacks and Cheesy Nibbles.


Who wouldn't like the look of those Oats (even if they are situated in the dark when I took the photo!).  So we were looking for slow release energy foods for my Husband and he has a new found interest in Flapjacks so we decided to make some Chocolate ones.  And not just any chocolate, Green & Blacks Butterscotch Chocolate... yummy! 


Chocolate Flapjacks: 
  • 75g of Butter
  • 75g Brown Sugar
  • 50g of Chocolate 
  • 1 tablespoon of Golden Syrup 
  • 200g of Porridge Oats 

 Melt the Butter, Brown Sugar, Chocolate and Golden Syrup in a pan over a medium heat until they are all combined and then stir into the Oats. 


When everything is combined, Smoosh into a well greased sandwich tin and pop in a 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4 Oven for 25 minutes or until they are golden brown (but sometimes you can't tell with the chocolate flapjacks how browned they are!).


Cut into slices when they are still warm and then eat them all up! 

_____________________________________________________



Another recipe that I made recently was from a blog I read called Attic24:



It is a very, very simple recipe for some tasty savoury snacks!  I followed this recipe exactly and think they would be perfect for children's lunch boxes, but for myself and my husband I think that using some really strong cheddar and adding a little salt would definitely make them gone in an instant! That's not to say that they hung around for long because they didn't! Very Tasty! 



No comments:

Post a Comment