Thursday, 20 January 2011

Mini Cupcakes.


For Christmas I got a cupcake maker from my brother and sister (in-law).  It's pretty amazing and can make 7 mini cupcakes in less than 5 minutes!  So clearly it needs to be experimented with! The first cupcakes were chocolate with a red icing but unfortunately I have no photos of them.  The above cupcake was trial two - vanilla cupcakes with pink buttercream icing.  The next thing I wanted to do was play about with fillings and see how the little cupcake maker could handle it.
My Basic Cupcake Recipe is:
  • 2 Eggs
  • 4 oz of butter
  • 4 oz of sugar
  • 4 oz of self-raising flour
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
And this makes me 14 mini cupcakes exactly.


Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Sugar Cupcakes:
  • Basic Cupcake Recipe
  • Smooth Peanut Butter
  • Ground Cinnamon
  • Cocoa Powder
  • Brown Caster Sugar
I added 2 oz of Cocoa Powder to my Basic Cupcake Recipe and then made up some Cinnamon Sugar using a 2:1:1 Ratio of Cinnamon:Sugar:Cocoa.  I then filled the cupcake maker dimples half full then added 1/2 tsp of either peanut butter or cinnamon sugar to each cupcake and filled the dimple up to the top with more batter.  These little babies cooked super fast:


I then waited for them to cool and dipped them in some light green icing (which doesn't look as immediately appealing as the beautiful pink swirly one but just as tasty!):


Inside the Peanut Butter cupcake you can still see the peanut butter is solid, which is another bonus of the cupcake maker as it doesn't take too long which doesn't fully impact the filling!


And inside the Cinnamon Sugar cupcake it looks a bit like a Cinnamon Roll! I think I might re-make these cupcakes shortly, piping a Lemon Buttercream Icing on them! Mmm!


This cupcake maker makes especially small cupcakes and requires no cupcake cases for you to make them... which can be pretty just to see a little naked cupcake but I think I might also start experimenting with cupcake cases to see how the cooking time varies.


Mini Cupcake on a Saucer to show the size of them - they are ickle!
Here's to more adventures with the cupcake maker, there are only two left so it's nearly time for the next batch! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment